UNITED STATES ADULT SOCCER ASSOCIATION REGION 1
NEW JERSEY SOCCER ASSOCIATION
MANALAPAN RECREATION CENTER
JULY 14 and JULY 15, 2012
2012 U20 NATIONAL CUP TOURNAMENT
This competition is a tournament organized under the auspices of the Region 1 National Cups Committee and is being hosted by the New Jersey Soccer Association.
This competition is not part of the USASA National Cups Program but is organized by Region 1 for the benefit of all the Adult State Associations and Adult members that wish to participate.
This competition is open to all USASA affiliated members including members from all other Regions in the USASA.
This Tournament is recognized by the USASA as a National Tournament.
TEAMS AFFILIATION REQUIREMENTS
All participating players must be born ON or AFTER Aug. 1, 1991
Both ADULT and YOUTH TEAMS are allowed to enter this competition.
An Adult team must be registered (affiliated) with an ADULT state association or a Regional/National League that is also a member of the USASA.
All players on such team must be registered with such Adult team thru the Adult State Association Registrar or thru the Regional/National Affiliated
A Youth team must be composed ENTIRELY OF YOUTH PLAYERS registered for the YOUTH team participating in the tournament.
NO adult player can be carded for a YOUTH team.
All player passes (both Youth and Adult) must show on all the passes ONLY the team name of the team that is entering the tournament.
NO GUEST PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED
In case of a Youth team entering this competition, in order to be allowed to play in this Adult tournament,
the YOUTH team must present EITHER of the following:
- 1) A SIGNED medical insurance WAIVER (signed by their parents if such player is under the age of 18) for EACH individual youth PLAYER.
- 2) a BLANKET WAIVER from the Youth State Association or Youth organization, declaring that ALL Youth players on the Youth team are covered by the Medical insurance of the Youth State Association or Organization WHILE playing in this ADULT Tournament .
All games will be played at the Manalapan Recreation Soccer Complex located on Rte 522, in Manalapan Twp., NJ
For directions and other information see the Tournament’s website at: http://www.matiota.com/RegionI.
The tournament will be played on July 14 and July 15, 2012
There is NO RAIN DATE. If the tournament is cancelled because of inclement weather, the team application fees will be returned with the exception of $25 to cover administrative costs and the costs of any referee fees for games played before the cancellation.
2012 COMPETITION FORMAT
A total of 4 teams have entered the tournament this year:
Ann Arbor Football Club (Michigan)
Annandale La U20 (Metro DC – Virginia)
Baltimore Bays Blues '93 (Maryland)
Junior Lone Star FC U20 (NPSL)
This year’s tournament will be played as follows:
All teams will play each other in a Round Robin format during a Qualification round to determine the two top teams that will play in the Final Championship game.
The QUALIFICATION round will be played on Saturday July 14.
Standings will be kept during the qualification round using the following criteria in the order given:
1) Most points accumulated (3 for a Win, 1 for a Tie and 0 for a Loss)
2) Head-to-head result
3) Best Goal Difference
4) Most goals in favor
5) Most Wins
All games played during the Qualification Round will last 60 minutes (twice 30 minutes)
A forfeit shall be ruled with a 1 – 0 score.
The CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL will be played on Sunday July 15.
The top two teams in the standings at the end of the Qualification round will participate in the Championship Final.
The Championship final will last 90 minutes.
Two Overtimes of 15 minutes each will be played in its entirety if the score is tied at the end of regulation time.
Penalty Kicks according to FIFA policies will be taken if the score is still tied at the end of the two overtimes.
Saturday July 14 – Qualification rounds
10:00 AM - Field 1 - Ann Arbor Football Club - Annandale La U20
10:00 AM - Field 2 - Baltimore Bays Blues '93 - Junior Lone Star FC U20
12:00 PM - Field 1 - Annandale La U20 - Baltimore Bays Blues '93
12:00 PM - Field 2 - Junior Lone Star FC U20 - Ann Arbor Football Club
3:00 PM - Field 1 - Ann Arbor Football Club - Baltimore Bays Blues '93
3:00 PM - Field 2 - Annandale La U20 - Junior Lone Star FC U20
Sunday July 15 – Championship Final
11:00 AM - Field 1 - 1st Place team - 2nd Place team
Unless otherwise disclosed in this document, the FIFA Laws of the game and the USASA National Cups Rules shall apply.
1) Pat Varsallona is the Organizing Committee Chairman and he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org ; Carlos Pais is the Tournament Director and he will be directing all the operations of the Tournament. Carlos can be reached at email@example.com
2) Unlimited Substitutions: players will be allowed to go in and out of the games. Substitutions will be made according to FIFA rules: they can be made at ANY stoppage of the game, by either team, provided they receive the consent of the referee.
3) All players playing for a participating team must be registered for a team that is affiliated with an Adult State Association, or a USASA affiliated Regional/National League or with a Youth State Association member of the USYSA.
4) All participating players MUST have International Clearance to play as required by FIFA.
Your State Association or Regional/National League Registrar will be able to give you more details on this matter.
5) Each team must submit a TOURNAMENT ROSTER of up to 22 players
NOT LATER THAN JULY 5th, 2012 (form attached), certified by the State Association or the Regional/National League Registrar.
This roster must be SUBMITTED by e-mail directly to Pat Varsallona at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) ALL TEAMS MUST PRESENT COPY OF THE TEAM ROSTER TOGETHER WITH ALL THE PLAYER PASSES TO THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR at least ONE HOUR BEFORE their first game.
7) Only USASA or USYS currently validated passes will be accepted.
8) Only those players that were listed on the Tournament Roster are eligible to play in any game.
9) Each team must supply the referee with a GAME ROSTER (form attached) indicating the names of the 18 players that are going to be used during EACH GAME.
10) All participating players must be born ON or AFTER Aug. 1, 1991
11) All ejections from a Tournament game shall carry a 1 game suspension.
This suspension shall be effective in the next Tournament game.
12) Ejection for assault on the referees will carry an immediate suspension from the remainder of the tournament and the players’ card will be sent to the organization that registered the player, for a final decision.
13) Referees fees will be paid by the Tournament Organizing Committee.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR BENCH AREA CLEAN OF DEBRIS. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF: WE ARE GUESTS OF THE MANALAPAN RECREATION DEPARTMENT AND WE WANT TO SHOW THEM OUR APPRECIATION FOR ALLOWING US TO USE THEIR FACILITIES.